Thursday 28 March 2013

My favorite "Fauvism" artist


My favorite Canadian artist is Martina Shapiro. I had the chance to discover this amazing artist on Youtube at first. She was born in Czech Republic, they describe her art as Contemporary Paintings but I still think her artwork derives from Fauvism. Fauvism is my absolute favorite type of painting, the high contrast with colorful paint is just beautiful art. Martina mention that her paintings are influenced mostly by Fauvism and Expressionism, but also by Art Deco, Pop-Art and the old masters. No surprise she also loves Matisse wich is know as one of the leader of the art of fauvism. Fauvism as a style began around 1900 and continued beyond 1910, the movement as such lasted only a few years, 1904–1908. Martina's art includes abstract female nude and figure paintings, expressionist landscape and cityscape paintings and vibrant still life with flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment